Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Briarlake Soil Replacement





This should be the final chapter of drainage solutions for this job. Soil Engineers came out and did some core samples and an inspection for the homeowner before I started on any work here. The homeowner presented my plan for dealing with the surface water which they approved and has been completed-and suggested this final step in addition. The soil surrounding the house outside of where the water was entering the basement is very high in organic matter content and sand. The engineers felt like this was allowing water to pool below ground and up against the foundation. The recommendation was to remove the existing soil 18" deep and 2' back from the structure, then replace that with native clay fill which will be compacted as it is added. I had planned to start this job next week but I shuffled some things around so that I could take advantage of 3 days with no rain chance. I started the excavation today and the clay fill will be delivered tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment