Thursday, January 7, 2010

Crape Myrtle Pruning



Did some work on a large Crape Myrtle yesterday-in addition to the drainage work. Reminded me that the season for pruning these trees is upon us and time to get the word out again. I generally schedule Crape Myrtle pruning for my clients in February-and I'm very good at it-but last year a lot of folks waited till the last minute and barely beat the leafing out in spring. If you would like me to help out with yours this year, just call or email me and I'll make sure to get to them in the proper time frame. I've included before and after photos of the big tree I pruned yesterday. You don't do nearly as much to them once they reach this size. Smaller trees are pruned to encourage more and bigger blooms, large trees like this are pruned to eliminate crossing/rubbing branches and improve air circulation by thinning. I also try to balance the tree for a symmetrical shape and remove limbs that are growing into or near other plants.



2 comments:

  1. My step father has it coming through the basement floors. Will this help?boom trucks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good written story. It will be helpful to everyone who usess it, including yours truly Smile. Keep doing what you are doing – i will definitely read more posts. residential architects in georgia

    ReplyDelete